Frequently Asked Questions About Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Pregnancy can leave you with a great many questions and concerns about your health and comfort --not to mention the health of the developing fetus. Your quest for answers may have led you to consider chiropractic care, triggering even more questions about the use of this natural healing modality during pregnancy. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions on the subject at Century Center Chiropractic.
- What physical symptoms can I expect during a typical pregnancy? Your body must undergo some profound changes as it nurtures a fetus and readies itself for birth. The expansion of your abdomen involves both weight gain and shifts in your musculoskeletal alignment. The effects on your joints, muscles and nerves can create headaches, low back pain, neck pain, hormonal swings, nausea, circulatory problems, and edema (swelling).
- Can my vertebral imbalances affect my baby? Late in pregnancy, the pelvic ligaments loosen, creating instability and possible vertebral imbalances. This may make it harder for the fetus to turn around into an upside-down position for a normal head-first delivery. If this repositioning cannot occur, you may be facing a breech birth that must be delivered via Cesarian section.
- How does chiropractic care provide drug-free relief for pregnancy symptoms? Chiropractic care is a natural method of correcting alignment issues, reducing joint pain and muscle strain. It can also relieve pressure from major nerves. This not only relieves pain and other neurological issues, but it also allows your physical systems to function more normally, optimizing your (and your baby's) overall wellness.
- How effective is prenatal chiropractic care? Prenatal chiropractic has an enviable track record of success where easing pregnancy-related discomfort is concerned. For instance, research shows that 70 percent of women who receive prenatal chiropractic care enjoyed relief from lower back pain after just one month of treatment.
- How does chiropractic care improve my chances for a normal, healthy delivery? Our Atlanta chiropractor, Dr. Jared Simon, may recommend a specialized technique known as the Webster technique. This technique is specifically designed to correct alignment problems in the pelvis and base of the the spine. By correcting this area of your musculoskeletal system, we can give your baby the best possible chance for a normal, complication-free delivery.
- Can pregnant women safely receive chiropractic adjustments? Chiropractic care is completely safe for pregnant women. Here at Century Center Chiropractic, we make every effort to make you comfortable and keep your body properly supported throughout your adjustment session. The fact that chiropractic care can help you avoid less-safe options such as pain medication is another point in its favor.
Are You Ready to Learn More? Call Century Center Chiropractic
If prenatal chiropractic care sounds like the answer to many of your anxieties, then you owe it to yourself to learn more by arranging a consultation with our chiropractor. Call Century Center Chiropractic today at 404-634-1669 to get all the answers to your prenatal health and wellness questions!